After 7 long months of winter the warm weather is finally here to stay. You know what that means don’t you? It’s time to pack away those coats and gloves and pull out the T-shirts and shorts. Here are a few tips to help you with the big closet switch:
- Set aside time on the calendar. Plan your organizing session and record it in your time management system. Make an appointment wit yourself!
- What to get rid of?
- Purge your winter clothes before packing them away. Get rid of anything you have not worn in the past 2 years.
- Faded, frayed, worn, torn all have got to go.
- Any size that is not your current size. You can hang onto one larger or one smaller.
- What to keep?
- Keep the clothes that fit the lifestyle you have today – not the lifestyle you “used to have”. Example: if you have not skied in the last 10 years but have kept the ski clothes, this means you have clothes for the life you “used to have”. Chances are that if you picked up skiing again, you would want some new clothes to match the new you.
- Clothes you love, that fit you well, that bring you joy.
Statistic of the Month
Most people wear only 20% of the clothes they own.
Next BIG Organizing “Holiday”
The week of May 19 the May 23 is Organize Your Files Week